Monday, May 17, 2010

Looking Back

When we returned home from China back in August, we hit the ground running. There wasn’t a good deal of time for reflection. We were pleased to be home; back to family, friends and all things familiar. However, as odd as it may seem, it was a bit overwhelming as well. What was second nature now took a bit more effort. Day to day life was calculated and careful, not effortless as it had seemed prior. The world I returned to was now seen through different eyes. There was a change and I felt it. Many people ask what I took away from my experience over there and that’s a tough question for me to answer. Not because I can’t answer it, but because for me the deepest things were acquired on a very personal level - the past two years as only I could experience them, feel them, and see them. However I will say, this homebody was given an unexpected, and let’s just be honest, slightly unwanted, chance to travel the world and I am grateful.

~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how a little time away changes us! Can't wait to catch up with you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true! It was exactly what I/We needed. I'm looking forward to catching up. It won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete